ATSP Innovations is developing and commercializing a new family of ultra-high temperature polymers for use as coatings, composites, adhesives, and foams. Potential hires would be working on funded projects for in-space assembly, advanced composites, novel bonding techniques, as well as tribology for space exploration.
We are looking for interns who have physical sciences background to work in the ATSP Innovations offices in Houston, TX. This role is needed immediately.
- Materials synthesis and characterization
- Data manipulation and representation
- Routine laboratory processes including coating deposition, monitoring ongoing synthetic processes, material handling, glassware and surface cleanup
- Optical microscopy and associated image analysis tasks
- Operation of thermal characterization experiments (DSC/TGA)
- Undergraduate status in a physical sciences background
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with little supervision and to work cooperatively with all personnel in the organization
- Candidates should be able to start immediately and maintain 15-20 hours/week during the academic year
- Must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident without requiring sponsorship
- Previous laboratory skills related to polymers and composites or industrial experience is preferred
Bachelor’s (at least Sophomore standing) or graduate standing in Chemistry, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics, and related fields
Please email your resume and a short paragraph of your background summary to Jeanie Plistil at Jeanie.Plistil@atspinnovations.com
Learn more about us at: http://www.atspinnovations.com/